Extra Oaty Apple, Raspberry and Feijoa (optional) Crumble
We think our oaty fruit crumble is the best! Not too sweet, beautifully spiced and with the perfect amount of crunch. Mix up the fruit to use what is in the fridge or use feijoas if in season. The smell when this is cooking is heavenly!
- 1kg Apples( green apples), weight before peeling
- 200g raspberries
- 200g scooped out feijoa
- 1 tbsp white flour
- 1/2 cup / 110g white sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (or water)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup / 90g cup rolled oats / oatmeal (quick cooking is ok)
- 1 cup / 150g white flour
- 1 cup / 175 g brown sugar (loosely packed)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup / 125g unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Peel apples and then cut into 2cm cubes.
- Place apple and feijoa in a bowl. Sprinkle with flour, sugar and cinnamon, then pour over lemon juice and toss. Lastly add raspberries and then spread out evenly in a 1.5 litre baking dish.
- Place topping ingredients in a bowl. Mix until clumps form, like wet sand. Spread over the apples, crumbling with fingers if required to get that crumbly topping.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove, cover loosely with foil to keep warm and let stand for 10 minutes before serving (let’s the apple filling come together).
Serve warm with vanilla icecream or cream.